Thanks to the more than 800 detectives who took part in the Halloween Murder Mystery contest in Fairyland! We hope you had a great time. We are tallying results but, as I'm sure you can imagine, it is going to take a little while.
While you are waiting, we have a new challenge for you. This challenge is NOT required AT ALL.
We would like to give you the opportunity to create art, written or visual, from the items you collected along your pathway.
Your taskYour task is to use the items you collected to recreate the murder scene.
It can be serious, or it can be a spoof. It's up to you.
You can create a photomanipulation or drawing. You can paint it. You can write fan fiction, poetry, or prose about what happened. If you are creating written art, you only need to include the words to describe the items or incorporate them into a story.
1. You must have been a contestant in the murder mystery part of the contest to participate in the art creation portion.
2. For visual art, all references must come from the Resources and Stock Images gallery. You must credit your images or references by linking to the image you used.
3. You must use at least 5 images or references, and they must all come from images you collected along your own journey in the murder mystery. You can use anything else you have to embellish the story/image as long as it is legitimate stock. Please indicate which 5 stock/resource items are from the contest.
4. You must recreate the murder scene the way you see it. However, you can add whatever twists, embellishments, etc. that you feel are necessary. Note: You do not need to know who the murderer(s) was/were. Just do it the way you see it; there will be no points taken off if you have the wrong murderer for this part of the contest.
5. For written art, your length limit is 1,000 words. This limit is firm, and we will disqualify you if you exceed it by even 1 word. Titles do not count toward your word limit.
6. Turn in your entry to the 2013 Contest folder at Halloween-HQ no later than 30 November, 2013, at 11:59 PM US Pacific Standard Time
7, Please note in your artist's comments that your piece is for this contest.
First place: 1,500 points and $45 print
Second place: 1,000 points and $30 print
Third place: 500 points and $20 printAll prizes kindly donated by Moonbeam13 in Community Relations.
Once again, this part of the contest is NOT REQUIRED, but you have to have participated in the first half to participate in this one.
What are you waiting for? Go create!